Saturday, September 08, 2007

Saturday, September 08, 2007
One thing my tutors always seemed to have trouble getting me to do was loosen up my drawing style...I don't know whether that was a conscious thing or not, my style always seemed to have been small and detailed. But I'm starting to feel like I should open up my drawing a bit so I've been playing around with new materials and drawing styles I haven't used for at least a couple of years. What do you think? Constructive criticism is always welcome (no angry replies from me, guaranteed!)
Drawings from Alexander Wang Spring/Summer 08, New York


Drawing from Lela Rose Spring/Summer 08, New York

3 comments :

ambika said...

I really love the fashion drawings, especially the faceless woman in the dripping blue dress.

I'm hardly an art critic but I do dig it.

paola said...

I really, really like the bottom one..

Anonymous said...

I prefer your original drawing style. If you naturally draw tightly with lots of details, stick with it. Frankly your looser style ironically looks a lot more labored over and unnatural coming from you.