Wednesday, November 03, 2010

Library Girl


When I was little I longed to be a librarian.  Not because of the romantic notion of working in a grand old building full of books (do these actually exist in places other than films?) but because I loved the special scanning pen and stamps that were used by staff when books were taken out.  How embarrassing.  Then again it's probably a good indication of a growing love for all things stationery related, even if it was only a date stamp.

Had I followed through with my ambition I imagine myself to float around the aisles in an outfit like this....


4 comments:

blue eyed night owl said...

I'd still love to be a librarian if I got the chance. The libraries here usually are quite new and clean, but it's really the books that matter.

And we don't have date stamps anymore:(

Lindsy said...

Hi! I'm a librarian in NYC and love your blog! I wish I had an outfit like this to walk though the stacks in. (and scanning the books is pretty fun I have to admit!)

Chuck said...

I love this post! Please can I be a librarian and wear all of it? I would stamp very diligently... x

The Frocker said...

I used to love the scan pen too!! The librarians I knew let me use it once or twice bc I was such a regular at the library... It felt like the highlight of my life at the time! :D

 

Little Doodles © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger