Winter Warmers

By LittleDoodles - 4:49 PM


After visiting the Rene Gruau exhibition last week (more of which later) I popped into the newly refurbished Savoy hotel.  I must admit I'm not a glamourous dresser, I prefer the fashionably dishevelled look (that's my excuse anyway).  So I felt a little bit out of place traipsing through there with a huge heart shaped lollipop they were giving away at the Somerset House ice rink.  But it is a grand hotel and very traditional in its styling.  There's even a little tea salon where you can watch all of the confectionaries being made by a patisserie chef. 



As you can see, they've remained true to the original Deco design.


This sign across the road caught my eye too, I'm a sucker for a good typeface.

A couple of bloody mary's later and I was reminded how nice a treat it is to indulge in a winters day warming cocktail, which has in turn inspired today's Gimme Gimme Gimme...




  • Share:

You Might Also Like

1 comments