Moving on...

By LittleDoodles - 3:12 PM


I've been thinking a lot about my work recently.  I think it was prompted by an email telling me that my illustrations have been spotted on t shirts in Camden Market (which I stress, were not made by me), not only one one stall but several.  I can only come to the conclusion that they're being churned out by a factory somewhere.

I'm at the point where I accept that people copy your work.  Call it "inspired by" or just down right plagiarism, it'll happen no matter how much you try and protect yourself.  But I'm sort of over that, it's more the fact that I've lost a little bit of a connection to it.  Half of me feels like I should start a fresh, try out something new and move on to something completely different. The other half remains stubborn and refuses to give up on the little doodles that I have become so accustomed to drawing.

So I've decided that moving on isn't a bad thing.  Having said that, I am going through the most frustrating creative block at the moment. I think there are too many things going on in my head to make anything worthwhile at the moment so if anything strange appears here in the near future it's just me clearing the rubbish out!

I'm quite pleased with the new bits and pieces I've been experimenting with but it's not quite getting me anywhere.

Maybe it's time to give the doodling a rest for a bit and try something new.  Who knows?  I'm on the hunt for a bit of inspiration and something to get those creative juices flowing again...  

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

3 comments