Thursday, November 30, 2006

I love books, I'm an avid reader and can remember being so since I was very young but after seeing these I got to wondering what it is that makes me pick up books in the first place? A few are chosen on recommendation I suppose but I have a sneaky feeling that most of them are based around the covers. I know, I know, don't judge a book by its cover and all that but some are just so lovely! Just like these wonderful book covers by Petra Borner (found via Lena Corwin's oh so lovely blog)


2 comments:

atelier455 said...

I definitely judge a book by its cover - I love the visual design but also the feeling of brushing your fingers across the cover of a brand new book (is that weird??) I also hate buying books with cover designs that I don't like - I have to really want the book to get over the cover design issue!

Abigail said...

I am of the opinion that if an author doesn't care enough about their book to make sure the cover is beautiful {or interesting} it is not worth reading.

..im sure there are some wonderful books I am missing out on, but I am a girl to stick to my principles and I just don't care!! ;))

 

Little Doodles © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger