Drink Up

By LittleDoodles - 12:10 PM


I was talked into having a cheeky cocktail last weekend (Pollen Street Social...a huge thumbs up), it was quite early in the day so I plumped for an espresso Martini with the rationale that I usually have coffee early in the day.  I think my logic was a little flawed but it lessened the guilt a bit!

I checked the trusty Savoy Cocktail Book to see if it contained a recipe so I could attempt my own version.  Sadly I couldn't find one but I did come across the coffee cocktail that doesn't actually contain any coffee. It's named so because it resembles coffee (boooo).





The Coffee Cocktail
The Savoy Cocktail Book

The Yolk of 1 Egg
1 Teaspoonful Sugar or Gomme Syrup
1/2 Port Wine
1/6 Brandy
1 Dash Curacao

Shake well, strain into a small wineglass and grate a little nutmeg on top



If you happen to come across early editions of one of these books I'd snap it up.  They have the most wonderful covers and illustrations as well as cautionary warnings to go with some of their cocktails.

Here are a few cocktail related picks just to get you in the mood...


  • Share:

You Might Also Like

1 comments